- Introduce kids to the groovy old Sesame Street “12” song.
- Bring home a dozen donuts or make your own.
- Make a dozen cookies for a neighbor. (Try these!)
- Fist bump any twelve year-olds you know.
- Make an alien handprint picture. (Two thumbs on each hand!)
- Start the 12 Days of Christmas for someone. (This is a cool religious version.)
- Make a cupcake tin countdown to Christmas with a special note in each hole.
- Learn more about the Mayan calendar that ends 12/12. (Then, restock your 72 hour kit.) ;)
- Learn the names of the current twelve apostles.
- Watch the movie, Cheaper by the Dozen or read the book aloud.
- Every time it is 12 minutes past the hour throughout the day have the kids do something silly, like jump up and down 12 times. -- Do something really special at 12:12 pm!
- Make a family highlights list of the last 12 months.
December 12, 2012
The number twelve really is a fascinating number. I had a fun time reading more about it on wikipedia: it is the star of our clock, there are 12 months of the year, twelve signs of the zodiac, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve apostles, twelve inches in a foot and so much more! Here are a dozen low-key ideas for celebrating 12-12-12: